Please note that this page is exclusively reserved for submitting short story entries for the Assemble Artifacts Magazine. Any other form of literary material such as screenplays, treatments, pitches, or any other formats will not be considered for review. Thank you for your understanding.
We do not accept e-mail or any submissions outside of the below form.
Assemble Artifacts is looking for High-Concept stories of wonder and suspense. We prefer stories of at least 5,000 words but are open to longer and shorter works. We accept stories of all genres but are especially interested in high-concept Horror and Grounded Sci-Fi for our upcoming issue. A minimum of 5,000 words is preferred, but longer or shorter works are also welcome.
Please include a one to three-sentence pitch of your story and an author bio with your submission. We are open to writers of all levels of experience. We can't wait to read your submissions!
Submissions will be considered for review only when the form is fully completed. By submitting a form that is partial or incomplete, you still acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms outlined below. To ensure your submission is eligible for consideration, please provide your name in the specified field and check the box to unconditionally accept the terms presented.
1. By submitting your work to us, you confirm that you are the sole owner and author of the material, holding all necessary rights and authorizations for submission. You attest that the submitted material is unpublished, not scheduled for future publication elsewhere, and all associated media rights (including rights for film, TV, audio, and other adaptations) are available at the time of submission.
2. You understand that submitting your work does not create an obligation for Assemble Artifacts, Assemble Media LLC, its employees, officers, or affiliates to offer you any compensation or enter into any agreement with you unless such terms are specified in a separate, written contract. This contract may include terms for printed publication in Artifacts Magazine and the negotiation of media rights for adaptations. While Assemble's Film/TV production division will be attached to produce any media adaptations of material printed or contracted with Assemble Artifacts, writers retain underlying rights and have the authority to negotiate and approve deals for licensing and/or sale of adaptation rights.
3. You acknowledge that Assemble Artifacts, Assemble Media LLC, its affiliates, related entities, employees, and agents may be involved in developing, producing, and/or managing material for publishing, motion pictures, television, and other media. As such, Assemble Media LLC, independently, may be searching for and developing ideas, stories, and suggestions that may be similar to the theme, plot, idea, format, or other elements of the material you have submitted. By submitting your material, you agree not to seek compensation if Assemble uses material with similarities in theme, plot, idea, format, or other elements.
4. You release and hold harmless Assemble Artifacts, Assemble Media LLC, its affiliates, related entities, employees, and agents, related entities, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your submission.
5. You agree to indemnify and defend Assemble Artifacts, Assemble Media LLC, its affiliates, related entities, employees, and agents against any and all claims, damages, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with your submission.
7. We reserve the right to modify these terms. Changes will be posted on this page with an updated EFFECTIVE DATE, or you may be notified with a link to the revised terms.
8. You understand that, unfortunately, due to the large volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each one.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 12-01-23
Helvetica Light is an easy-to-read font, with tall and narrow letters, that works well on almost every site.